Solved? How to code for start of drag

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Aug 3 21:10:30 UTC 2001

On Friday 03 August 2001 11:46 am, Ross wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 09:20:55AM -0700, Ned Konz wrote:

> > The parent should do the initiation of the drag. So it should use
>
> Why can't the morph initiate the drag itself?  And if there is a chain
> of parents, which one should initiate the drag?

Whichever one is handling the mouse event. (i.e. whichever one can tell that
a drag operation has started). If you want, you can have a morph get grabbed
by the hand; it's just that you don't need enableDrag for this in the parent.
You just need someone to tell the hand to grab the morph.

Then you have to deal with the negotiation on the drop, but that's a
different problem.

> I'm not sure I understand the meaning of "for the morph itself".  The
> comment on dragEnabled is
>   "Get this morph's ability to add and remove morphs via drag-n-drop."
> This sounds to me as if to enable me to drag morph B out of containing
> morph A I must enable dragging in A.

That's correct; sorry I wasn't clear.

--
Ned Konz