Syntax coloring

Scott Wallace scott at squeakland.org
Sat Aug 4 02:37:51 UTC 2001

Timothy,

In 3.1a, use the "what to show..." control to tell a code-viewing
tool how you want the code displayed.  The syntax-coloring
alternative is obtained by choosing "colorPrint."

The "what to show..." controls are available in three places:

(1)  If you're using the optional button panes, you'll see the
what-to-show control there at the right edge of the button pane.
Click on it.

(2)  In the window-title menu you'll find a "what to show" menu item.

(3)  In the selector-list pane of any code-bearing tool, you'll also
find a "what to show" menu item.

If by default you want *all* new code-bearing tools to show code in
this mode, set both of the two preferences "browseWithPrettyPrint"
and "colorWhenPrettyPrinting" to true.  All browsers, etc., that you
launch from then on will come up already set to "colorPrint."

Cheers,

  -- Scott