[Bug] Windows plugin in multiuser environment

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Fri Aug 3 15:01:14 UTC 2001

Russell Allen wrote:
> If the plugin is run as a different user to the user who installed the
> plugin, it won't load the squeaklet - it will just run the image.  If
> you run the same plugin as the user who installed it, it will download
> and run the squeaklet as expected.
>
> I don't know much about how WinNT handles user permissions; so I am
> stumped as to what this bug is or how to fix it.  Can anyone help?  I
> would like to be able to use the plugin as part of a course on legal
> technology...

When you install the plugin it is installed in the current user's
context. Other users won't have write access to the plugin's cache
folder.
I wouod certainly view it as a bug though, if the plugin won't even load
the squeaklet if it doesn't has access to the cache folder.
I don't have access to a NT system right now (I'm on the flight back
from Germany and trying to catch up with mail offline), but I will look
into this asap.

Michael