Is this list a chat or a list REALLY ?

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Aug 9 08:00:08 UTC 2001

Hi

Sorry to be boring but could everybody think that we are damaging this list
as a means to attract people to Squeak just because lot of emails are
"bar-talks"?

Am I the only one ***really*** bored?

I think that lot of important topics like the following ones could be
discussed:

    - why the open-source model of squeak does not work?
    For example I do not really know the other open source movements but
    it seems that we could have
        - call for improvement where people could argue why a
        crucial change have to be done.

        - much better enhancement integration instead of waiting that SqC
        agrees or does the job (I think that this should not be their role).
        I have the feeling that Squeak is not open. This is not intended
        against SqC but against the process itself.

        I'm thinking that we are too self-oriented and not looking for
        successes of the other communities.

        - having a infrastructure that support changes identification in a
        much better way that changeset so that we can built a squeak from a
        list of modules.

        - For example VMMkaer is a good way to support the distribution and
        building of VM

So I expect at least one of you to say just do it!
I do what I can ;)

But are you really sure that I'm wrong.