Datasores

Leandro Caniglia caniglia at dm.uba.ar
Thu Aug 9 01:00:21 UTC 2001

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?"G=F6ran"?= Hultgren <gohu at rocketmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys!
> Just out of curiosity - have you seen that Stephen Pair
> has developed a "transaction engine" he calls KATS?
> The feature list looked impressive and I assume it is
> part of a greater scheme...
>
> Perhaps you guys could cooperate!?

Yes, we know about the "transaction engine". We haven't
had the time to see it in depth yet, but it is certainly
close to our interests.

BTW, an other project out there that is very interesting for
us is BetterDebugging. Valeria did a similar work for
GemSqueak but we couldn't find the time to unify her
approach with that of Hans Martin's work. Just in case
anyone (Hans Martin?) has the opportunity to compare
and integrate both versions, the so called ContextPatches
change set included in the GemSqueak package contains
the code that patches and enhances the debugger the
way we need it.

We are working hard (and full-time) and hope to be able
to put hands on these two projects soon after the SqueakAttic
first release, in a couple of weeks.

/Leandro