Is this list a chat or a list REALLY ?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Aug 9 17:20:19 UTC 2001

> Stephane Ducasse wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Sorry to be boring but could everybody think that we are damaging this list
> > as a means to attract people to Squeak just because lot of emails are
> > "bar-talks"?

Hell, no. This list and others like it are the shared coffee lounges
oftoday. We gather to chat about 'stuff' with a high probability that
said 'stuff' will be of approximately greater than zero interest to most
of the friends gathering around this particular coffee table. I'm on
about a dozen mail lists and all of them include a lot of 'noise' - but
the noise is an important part of the community experience. Sometimes it
gets a bit much and somebody ahs to try to shout for order, but
normally it's self regulating; after all we are all wanting to talk
about the nominal subject or we wouldn't be here!

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Gramen artificiosum odi = I hate Astroturf.