Help! Unemployed

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Thu Aug 9 18:17:23 UTC 2001

Jeff Szuhay wrote:

> Hmm... perhaps the confusion lies with the likes
> of Apple and their QuickDraw, QuickTime, AppleScript,
> MacApp, FireWire, OpenDoc, ad nauseum;

Yes.  More specifically, I'd say the fault lies with the terms AppleTalk and HyperTalk. (since they actually have the term "Talk" in the name)  AppleTalk, HyperTalk... SmallTalk!

I remember back when I first heard of Smalltalk (around 1989 or so), thinking that it must be a communications protocol or something. :)

> BTW, its true: the actual value of a mailing list thread is
>    inversely proportional to the number of posts on that
>    thread!
>
> (Apologies for stringing this along a bit further.)

Ditto.

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com