Computers in school - OT

Gary McGovern garywork at lineone.net
Thu Aug 9 19:34:15 UTC 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andres Valloud" <sqrmax at prodigy.net>
To: <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2001 4:45 PM
Subject: Re: Computers in school - OT

> Hi.
>
> > And so yes, I think it comes down to the motivation of the individual.

> My take on it is that a large amount of people have been trained to
> think about how to make the most money.  Asking humbly, do people like
> that usually care about what they do?  Is caring one of their
> incentives?

Without wanting to sound controversial.
I think you're on the right lines. People are themselves programmed by
experience, education, peer pressure and so on.  So I think it depends on
the person's nature modified by his programming.

I think many people know the car, own house and 2.4 children program :o)

Let each man have his own head.

Regards,
Gary