Is this list a chat or a list REALLY ?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Aug 9 23:33:43 UTC 2001

At 10:00 AM +0200 8/9/01, Stephane Ducasse wrote:
>         - much better enhancement integration instead of waiting that SqC
>         agrees or does the job (I think that this should not be their role).
>         I have the feeling that Squeak is not open. This is not intended
>         against SqC but against the process itself.

I think the freebsd team has a paid (slightly> position for a change
management coordinator. The fellow responsible for collecting all
changes or change requests and asking the developers where things
stand from month to month.

It would be interesting if people supplied SUnits with their
enhancements and we actually had a SUnit test suite <that people
could add to> that we could run from time to time to ensure
everything still worked. Although people adding code are responsible
for ensure they don't break things it's difficult due to complexity
to test everything <is that even feasible now ?> however isn't that
what computer run test suites are for? Getting new features and code
is nice, but having test suites to ensure they aren't broken in the
future is even better. This doesn't address the issue about how
change happens, but it's important too.