Help! Unemployed

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at atlas.otago.ac.nz
Mon Aug 13 01:21:20 UTC 2001

Galchin Vasili <vngalchin at yahoo.com> wrote:

	So the gist of all of this is that a competent software engineer
	cannot make the paradigm shift from C++ to Smalltalk and vice versa??

This is the last time I shall bother to reply to one of these messages,
because the reasoning is so extremely badly flawed that I suspect it may
be a deliberate troll.

No, the gist of all of this is that
 - if someone spells the name of a programming language wrong,
   they are very probably not expert in it
 - such errors are not culpable in someone who does not purport
   to be an expert it in (yet).

It's a bit like Fortran.  Anyone who spells it "FORTRAN" these days
almost certainly hasn't bothered keeping up with the modern standards.
(Says someone whose knowledge of the new features in F95 is at best modest.)