Help! Unemployed

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at atlas.otago.ac.nz
Mon Aug 13 01:15:43 UTC 2001

Galchin Vasili <vngalchin at yahoo.com> wrote:
	    Yesterday, I bought "Data Structures with STL" by
	Wiliam Murray and Chris Pappas (Prentice Hall) with
	ISBN 0-13-028927-2. If you look on pgs. 5b and 13, you
	will find ...... "SmallTalk" .... hmmm ... I am
	considering returning this book. These guys are
	obviously incompetent because they misspelled.

They are obviously not competent to write about Smalltalk, no.
Just like Betrand Meyer's OOSC2 book contains some glaring
errors about Algol 68 and a couple of other languages.

It's an unsound argument.  If I want a book about using STL, I
want authors who know a heckuva lot about C++ and the STL, and
don't greatly care about their competence in Smalltalk.  If I
want a book about how to do OOP in Eiffel, I don't greatly care
about the author's competence concerning Algol 68.

I _would_ wonder about Prentice Hall's editing processes, though.