[GOODIE] ChangeSorterTools

Leandro Caniglia caniglia at dm.uba.ar
Mon Aug 13 05:58:52 UTC 2001

Karl Ramberg <karl.ramberg at chello.se> wrote:
> > The second, splits
> > a change set into two parts, one of which contains only those methods
> > that are also found in the base image. It is useful in the maintenance
> > of packages because it helps to keep the compatibility with new updates
> > from Squeak Central.
>
> This is also really good.

Thank you. There is still a problem with changes made to classes.
While it is easy to analyze if a method conflicts with the base
image, there isn't a simple way to do the same with class definitions.
But wait! Now that I write about this problem, I see what I failed to
see before! A class modification is in conflict with the base image
if the class was added in some official change set or, it wasn't added
in any change set at all. I think I can implement a better conflict
splitter!

Unfortunately there is no way to detect new class changes because
these change records do not keep their timestamps. May be we should
add them and solve the whole problem.

/Leandro