SqueakNOS

Gerardo Richarte core.lists.squeak at core-sdi.com
Wed Aug 15 15:27:30 UTC 2001

Hello everybody, yesterday I commited the last we have on SqueakNOS, it's
not much, but it's already there... Probably tonight or tomorrow I'll
commit Squeak sources using CVSTProj, I started with this process, but
there's somthing that needs some work, I'll let you all know when this is
ready.

SqueakNOS' home page is http://mathMorphs.swiki.net/SqueakNOS as somebody
already said, I added a new screenshot to it (using vmware).

We are getting a lot of mails from people that want to colaborate!, but
we don't know how to answer them... as we are walking the first steps,
there are still things that must be done before being able to accept
everybody's contribution.

from the home page:

What's already there?
15-Aug-2001
It boots in 640x480x16, with a 3.1a-4173 image, the keyboard is working,
and we have some problems with the Mouse. Serial port is implemented, and
worked on a previous version, but since we moved to 3.1 we haven't tested
it yet.

	There is a mailing list, that mixes CVS logs and general
dicussion, but it's been really quiet lately.

	What we would like to have, is a way for windowed people to use
SqueakNOS. I think that something can be done with loadlin to let them
boot SqueakNOS from windows, but when I tryed it I couldn't make it work.
We were using vmware (in linux), until we found that PS/2 mouse works
different in vmware, this is another chance for testing it in windows.
	To compile everything we are using gcc in linux, it will not
compile out of the box in windows ('cos we are using some includes from
Linux' kernel) but this can be fixed with some work.

	This is just to let you know how we are doing... as you can see
we are still in the beginings, and there is alot of places where to
contribute...

	Booted Bye!
	Richie

PS: I added a screenshot in the home page, what's in the Transcript are
the messages reported by the different components of the NOS while being
installed

--
A390 1BBA 2C58 D679 5A71 - 86F9 404F 4B53 3944 C2D0
Knowledge, Culture, Vision - CoreLabs - Core SDI

--- for a personal reply use: Gerardo Richarte <gera at corest.com>