Most solid 3.0, where?

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Thu Aug 16 05:13:24 UTC 2001

"Richard A. O'Keefe" wrote:

> What is the most solid version of Squeak 3.0 for Linux,
> and where do I pick it up?

That's a difficult question. But I like Lex's sources

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/uploads/298/Squeak-lex.tgz

Which have a lot of the latest patches.

Lex says:

 "1. untar the file
        2. cd Squeak-3.0
        3. mkdir build
        4. cd build
        5. ../src/unix/configure
        6. make install"

But you absolutely do need the kernel sources.

Lex again: "If you want more details, check out the "Download For Unix"
page on the
Swiki.

        http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/298

"

I gather from the stuff on the VWNC list that you're using 2.4. Can you
let us know what version and how you get on? (I remember some stuff
about a late version of that kernel causing problems -- which may now be
resolved).

Cheers

John