hanoi in chaos?

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Thu Aug 16 05:27:44 UTC 2001

Lex Spoon wrote:

> John Hinsley <jhinsley at telinco.co.uk> wrote:
> > Anyone know where Lex's hanoi has gone?
>
> Chaos lives on, but the name is dead.  :(  I'll try and get that stuff
> posted onto the Coweb, where it should be, but it will be a while!

Thanks Lex: I missed this posting somehow or I'd have acknowledged
earlier. I look forward to seeing your julexp.

> By the way, I like to call these things "distributions" of a program.  I
> haven't sorted out exactly where the confusion comes from, but an aweful
> lot of people really seem to conflate "distribution" and "one executable
> file".

Yes. I think it probably comes from folk having make little executable C
programs and then (it's not something Windows exactly encourages!) not
bothering to look at just what something like Word Pro is made up of.
(Now, that's something I can tell people to do!)

Cheers

John