VMMaker & Win32/CE

Joern Eyrich Joern.Eyrich at brokat.com
Thu Aug 16 10:45:03 UTC 2001

Tim Rowledge wrote:

> Do _you_ know what differences there need to be? Is it a common set of
> files and just a different makefile/setting/doohickey?

Last time I looked (Squeak 2.8), many files were shared, but there were some CE-specific files (I seem to remember that many of those were no longer necessary with WinCE3.0). Building was done with MS Visual Embedded Tools, which uses its own project file format. This can seemingly be converted to (n)make-files, however [A quick test with the remains of my past build efforts yields a 113K makefile - sounds like fun...].

I think Yoshiki Ohshima is effectively maintaining the WinCE part these days, see
http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~ohshima/squeak/iPAQ/

Maybe he can help.