Edited Volume *is* Shipping

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Aug 16 18:59:20 UTC 2001

The Edited Volume *is* getting out there, though perhaps Amazon et
al. are shipping to those NOT on the list so-far.  Some of the
replies from Prentice-Hall:

===
We have shipped over 1000 copies to retail outlets (including
international retail requests also). There were only a dozen units
cancelled, so that is not the problem. We've seen Amazon take up to a
month to change the status of a book to "now shipping." I show
replenishment orders from Amazon, Baker & Taylor, and SoftPro
received just this week (Amazon placed initial orders back in April,
and ordered another 32 copies on 8/6, and placed two more small
orders just this week). That leads me to believe that Amazon is
actually shipping the book (they wouldn't have placed those last
orders). They often get a backlog; they have also recently announced
the closing of two DCs, so that could be having impacts.
Borders and Barnes & Noble have been shipped their orders also.
====
Amazon/Borders.com has the book listed as special order and that it
will ship within 4-6 weeks.  Barnes & Noble and Fatbrain have the
title listed as instock and ships it within 2-3 days.
===

Mark
Associate Professor - Learning Sciences & Technologies.
Collaborative Software Lab - http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl/
(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu