Squeak book on shelf!

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Fri Aug 17 00:30:05 UTC 2001

Kevin Fisher wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 02:19:13PM -0400, Doug Way wrote:
> > I just received mine in the mail yesterday from Amazon.  Cool stuff!  I notice it has the same Robert Tinney artwork, but with a nice deep blue cover.  Kind of in the same style as the old Smalltalk-80 books, with similar cover design but in different colors.  Since their full titles are nearly impossible to remember :-), perhaps the two Squeak books will be referred to as the "white book" and the "blue book" (although that last one could cause confusion with the ST-80 blue book).
> >
> > - Doug Way
> >   dway at riskmetrics.com
> >

> :)  I think I'm already confused...the one I got is the "white book"...I
> must go in search of the other "blue book" now.  Hmm...so we've got the
> 'old' blue book (true blue?) and the new blue book...and don't forget
> the purple book and the green book.

The new dark blue Squeak book (the "edited volume") is the one that just came out in the last few days, that most of the recent messages are about.  The original white Squeak book has been out for six months or so.

Here are links to each of them on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0130280283/ref=cm_list/107-8087965-7295734
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0130280917/ref=sim_books/107-8087965-7295734

By the way, the white book is #2 on Amazon's "Professional Organizations" purchase group, for whatever that's worth. :)  see:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/cm/browse-communities/-/224244/books/ref=cm_detail/107-8087965-7295734

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com