^((super new) initialize)

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sat Aug 18 12:40:23 UTC 2001

On Sat, 18 Aug 2001 07:41:19 -0400 "Andrew C. Greenberg" <werdna at mucow.com> wrote:
>> Also, in a class I couldn't declare the instance variable 'name'. I had
>> to use personName instead.
>
>I'll wager that the superclass has a subclass with such an instance
>variable.  Yes?

I'm wondering if the questioner really meant that he tried to define 'name' as an instance variable on the class side. If so, 'name' is definitely used. Go to the class side of the browser for some class and choose 'inst var refs' from the menu on the class list to see the names that are already used by superclasses. 'name' is one of those and is defined on the instance side of Class.

Cheers,
Bob