VMMaker UI work; help needed

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sat Aug 18 18:07:35 UTC 2001

I'm trying to build a little UI for theVMMaker. Not surprisingly given
how little time I've spent on Morphic stuff I have precious little idea
of what I'm doing.

What I want is a list of a ll my possible modules with some way to
choose don't-build/internal/external for each one. I also think it would
be useful to have a super-chooser tyo say _all_ internal/ external etc;
this would set all modules as chosen but you should be able to then
alter individual modules after that. Since VMMaker can save and read
configurations, I'll need the choice widgets to be able to be set to the
state read from the VMMaker and to be updated when other things change.

I've found loads - dozens, I'm sure - of assorted buttony things as well
as DropDownMenuButtons etc, but can't quite persuade myself that any of
them are persuadable to my needs. Many are nearly right... I know I
could add yet another subclass but it really seems like somebody must
have already written what I need and I hate duplicating effort. Pointers
to good candidates appreciated.

At least I've been able to work out enought layout stuff to do the basic
list-of-thingies part! Mind you, I need to put it in a scroller sometime.

Has anyone got a taxonomy ofbuttons and so on anywhere? Seems like it
would be useful to have ...

tim