[modules] What should be the first step?

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Sat Aug 18 18:57:39 UTC 2001

On Sat, 18 Aug 2001 11:24:47 -0700, Dan Ingalls <Dan at SqueakLand.org> wrote:

> What does this say about our architecture for modules?  To me it says that what we want to start with in the image is really just the support necessary to receive a new module.  This looks like a fairly small requirement -- it could be satisfied by a combination of Lex's ChangeSet proposal and the existing Environments work, with some cleanups and simplifications.  I'm curious if people generally agree about this and, if so, if it would be worth summarizing this requirement as a sub-project of the overall effort.

Well, this baseline kernel-only headless server-type image, with no
graphics at all, is something I will be working on over the next few weeks.
I'm basically going to try and come up with a stripper that I can run
programatically, from headless mode in a full-blown image, that will get
rid of just about everything.

If anyone has any specialized strippers that aren't in the latest image,
feel free to email them to me.

Later,
Jon

           http://www.huv.com