[BUG][FIX] Behavior>>formalHeaderPartsFor:

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Aug 19 14:07:28 UTC 2001

On Sunday 19 August 2001 01:51 am, you wrote:
> I've come across a weird thing/bug/problem tonight!
>
> Every time I select the following method through a
> system browser I get an error message saying that I
> have a problem with my sources file.  The method is
> Behavior>>formalHeaderPartsFor:
>
> You'll find attached a snapshot of the error message.
> Can anyone reproduce this or I really have a problem
> with my source files?

The problem is that the method header in question reads:

  "popeye" formalHeaderPartsFor: "olive oil" aSelector

if you edit the method and remove the comments, it won't complain any more.
That is, this is the fixed version:

formalHeaderPartsFor: aSelector
	"Return a collection giving the parts in the formal declaration for
aSelector.  This parse is in support of schemes in which adjutant properties
of a method can be declared via special comments secreted in the formal
header"

"	The result will have
     	3 elements for a simple, argumentless selector.
		5 elements for a single-argument selector
		9 elements for a two-argument selector
		13 elements for a three-argument, selector
		etc...

	The syntactic elements are:

		1		comment preceding initial selector fragment

		2		first selector fragment
		3		comment following first selector fragment

        ----------------------  (ends here for, e.g., #copy)

		4		first formal argument
		5		comment following first formal argument

        ----------------------  (ends here for, e.g., #copyFrom:)

		6		second keyword
		7		comment following second keyword
		8		second formal argument
		9		comment follwing second formal argument

         ----------------------  (ends here for, e.g., #copyFrom:to:)

	Any nil element signifies an absent comment."

	^ Scanner new scanMessageParts: (self methodHeaderFor: aSelector)

"
	Behavior class formalHeaderPartsFor: #formalHeaderPartsFor:
"

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA