[modules] What should be the first step?

Les Tyrrell tyrrell at iserve11.lis.uiuc.edu
Sun Aug 19 14:38:24 UTC 2001

Allen wrote:
> Another optional layer would added the reflection protocols needed to
> support dynamic addition of classes and methods. Note that images without
> this layer must be statically generated by some sort of image writer
> (something like a SystemTracer).  From what I've heard about the ModSqueak
> work it sounds like it is close to provided the necessary infra structure
> to do this.

I was thinking of doing something similar with Oasis- I would need to learn how to construct images from
scratch, but I can already load, test, and modify Squeak code within an Oasis "Component".

Could someone point me to a nice, accurate, concise description of what an image file needs to be?

- les