[modules] What should be the first step?

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Mon Aug 20 01:15:14 UTC 2001

Les,

> > I have a message pending (I just need to type it) on why
> > ChangeSets may not be the answer.
>
> It's sort of how I started out with Oasis... I just wanted a
> place to dump code where I could look at it
> without it causing trouble for my image.
[...]
> What I found as I built Oasis was that there were very
> deep-seated non-modularities permeating everything.
> It's not just the tools, or even the code, but perhaps even
> more significantly, the attitude.  Everything
> *knows* that there is only one namespace.

To what extent is this related to change sets?! I've seen more than a few
apps that were shipped in the form of change sets and a number of them does
have multiple CS to prevent the kind of problems you're mentioning. So it
seems to me that what you're saying is that the equation module/component ==
1 change set is not right - but I don't see anything in your post that would
render the use of change sets generally questionable.

Cheers,
  - Andreas