[GOODIE] SlideShow

Jochen F. Rick nadja at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Aug 20 14:12:38 UTC 2001

> I'm particularly impressed by the speed.

Then, you must be using the accelerated JPEG. Otherwise, it is painful.

> What would it take to write a guash in Squeak? (For those who don't know
> it, guash is a Gimp plug in -- it comes with the Windows version, *nix
> people have to build it -- which writes a thumbnail of every image in
> the directory it's pointed at to a .xvpics directory within that
> directory and displays them. By having two instances of guash open you
> can graphically sort images from one directory to the other, and by
> clicking on them you can display them full size. IIRC, PaintShopPro had
> a similar tool (maybe it still does).

When you select, reorder slides from the menu button, this SlideShow
does roughly the same thing. The thumbnails are saved in a file called
thumbs.st (Stored as objects). BTW, this may take some time (i.e.
building all the thumbnails).

It shouldn't be very hard to write some code to move files between two
SlideShows.

> One thing I really miss in Squeak is the ability to show animated gifs.
> Any ideas as to what's involved?

I got nothing there. Although, an UpdatingSketchMorph using morph's
stepping features shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Peace and Luck!

Je77