TimeProfileBrowser

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Mon Aug 20 21:29:37 UTC 2001

Phil Weichert wrote:

> Great tool.  How do I extract a textual representation of the list in
> the top view (pane) from the browser )?
>
> TimeProfileBrowser onBlock: [Speaker bigMan say: 'You can cheat, but
> don''t get caught.']

Just use MessageTally instead of TimeProfileBrowser.  This will bring up a plain textual result.

MessageTally spyOn: [Speaker bigMan say: 'You can cheat, but don''t get caught.']

Actually, though, there are a few times that I'd wished that I could export or convert the contents of an arbitrary list morph into text.  There doesn't seem to be any menu item in the code viewers or in the (PluggableListMorph) morph menu that supports this right now.  (The only promising one in the morph menu, "copy to paste buffer", doesn't seem to do anything.)

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com