[Modules] Components or Modules??

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Aug 21 05:12:09 UTC 2001

On Monday 20 August 2001 05:33 pm, Dan Ingalls wrote:

> Actually, there is a great deal of support for removal already in
> changeSets.  In fact, in the few milliseconds it takes to enter or leave an
> isolated project, all the changes get asserted and reverted.  This is done
> by saving a copy of the  method dictionaries and organizations before the
> changes.

So what happens to instances of classes that were defined in the isolated
project if they don't get GC'd?

I wonder whether (at least in terms of what's required to assemble various
images) it's even important to support clean unloading. I for one wouldn't
mind a scheme where I could build up a custom image with my desired modules
(as long as that worked reliably).

But then maybe I'm too used to cross-compilation, etc. from embedded systems.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com