[Modules] Components or Modules??

Sarkela sarkela at home.com
Tue Aug 21 12:54:28 UTC 2001

> From: Jecel Assumpcao Jr <jecel at merlintec.com>
[...]
> Both systems have their advantages and their problems. The ANSI
> declarative Smalltalk effort is an attempt to get blue print advantages
> in Smalltalk, for example. My impression is that many modularization
> proposals are coming from the same direction.
>
> On the other hand, NewtonOS's soups seemed to me like an attempt to
> have a modular living system.
>
> Can we have both? If not, what do each of us want?
> -- Jecel

There certainly is an existence proof. Most VSE developers never new
that they were using a declarative implementation of the Smalltalk
development tools. When coding in debuggers or traditional browsers,
everything looked and behaved exactly the same way. From an OO point of
view, if the behavior is indistinguishable then there is no effective
distinction.

John Sarkela [|]