Latest PocketPC ARM VM

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Tue Aug 21 19:55:09 UTC 2001

--On Tuesday, August 21, 2001 8:25 PM +0200 Frantisek Fuka
<fuxoft at terminal.cz> wrote:

> Bijan Parsia wrote:
>> I keep getting:
>>
>> "Cannot find 'Squeak3.1alpha6-PocketPC-ARM-VM.exe" (or one of its
>> componants). make sure the path and the filename are correct and all the
>> required libraries are available."
>>
>> *Not* the most illuminating error message.
>
>    If you look closely, the .exe that Windows are looking for begins with
>    ' character.

It does? If you mean in the error message above, that's just a typo from me
:)

>  If you run the .exe by double-clicking on the image
>    file,

Nope, I'm dbl-clicking on the vm, looking for the "choose yer image" dialog
box. FWIW, I downloaded craig's and *that* works fine.

> there is probably some extra "'" in the relevant "file
>    associations" preferences (or maybe there should be " instead of '). I
>    have similar problems sometimes. If this happens when you doubleclick
>    the .exe directly, I have no idea what is the cause...

Yes. Me neither :)

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.