[BUG] SystemTracer

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Tue Aug 21 20:44:27 UTC 2001

"Stephen Pair" <spair at advantive.com>  wrote...

>When trying to use the SystemTracer to clone an image, it encounters an
>error (actually a halt) when hitting an obsolete class (which begs the
>question, why are there obsolete classes in the image?).  This is in a
>fully updated image.  Any ideas?

Execute the following...

	ChangeSet allInstancesDo: [:cs | cs zapHistory].
	(Smalltalk keys select: [:k | k beginsWith: 'AnObs'])
		do: [:key | Smalltalk removeKey: key].
	Smalltalk forgetDoIts.

[this should release the major causes for old classes being held onto]
and then print this...

Smalltalk obsoleteClasses

It should give an empty array.  If not, tell me what you get off line.

	- Dan