getting Scamper to eat php

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at san.rr.com
Tue Aug 21 18:57:17 UTC 2001

> I've looked through the conf files and the mimetypes and they seem to be
> in order. phptest.php gives: Content-Type
> text/html;charset=iso-8859-1

I think this is the problem - MIMEDocument does not appear to understand the
";charset=iso-8859-1" part.

Check out method class MIMEDocument>>contentType:content: - this is the guy
that's supposed to parse the content-type header to set the MIME type of the
downloaded file.  It appears that your PHP file is getting the subType
"html;charset=iso-8859-1".  Scamper doesn't unnderstand that subType, but
does understand that the file is text, and so displays it as plain text.

The quick fix is to reconfigure your PHP to send a content-type of
"text/html" only, or fix the bug.

-- Duane