Squeak how-tos

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Wed Aug 22 05:02:16 UTC 2001

Gary McGovern wrote:

>John Hinsley wrote:

> > But maybe you should do one as a trial?
>
> Yes, I'll put it on my to do list and will maybe have it ready in a few
> years time.

I'd try something really simple, just as a "proof of concept". Things to
remember are:

-- you really need to explore the "recorded tutorial" as a device
(almost) devoid of any real content

-- if (and it's a big if!) my tutorial is any good, it's due entirely to
Squeakers who contributed not only the medium (Squeak) and the
inspiration, but also _all_ the significant code and lots of little
detail tweaks. In short, it's "release early, release often" writ huge.
And I'll finish it as soon as M206 is over!

Did I catch you asking about BSS? BSS is Bob's Super Swiki. It's a
whopping great repository of Squeaky stuff. I don't have the URL (a
Google search should find it) but you can get there by (assuming you
have Squeak on the OS your modem runs on) hooking up to your ISP,
opening up a file list, and clicking in the [] of the top left pane.
Miraculously, Bob's Super Swiki will appear in the righthand pane. Click
on something which interests you and open it as a project. It really is
something special.

Cheers

John

--
Can't cope anymore? Desperate for help?
Join the 12 step program for those who yearn to give up Microsoft: