[Modules] A proposal for Modules, Packages and Dependencies

Russell Allen russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com
Wed Aug 22 10:32:53 UTC 2001

"Les Tyrrell" <tyrrell at iserve11.lis.uiuc.edu> wrote:
> We do not give classes explicit information about other classes - we do not force them to import method selectors from other explicitly named classes before they can operate.

How is this different from inheritance?  Before my class String can
operate, it must import method selectors from the class
ArrayedCollection, which must be explicitly named.  Everytime I file in
a change set, I am filing in a list of classes, all of which have
explicitly named prerequisites; if the prerequisite is not there then
the process breaks...

Russell

Russell Allen

russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com