[ENH] 'debug it' menu item added to text editor menu

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at home.com
Fri Aug 24 16:52:43 UTC 2001

> > Doug Way wrote:

>> Well, mostly I thought that there should be good justification for any
item added to the main text editor >> menu, we don't want to let that menu
get bloated with unimportant stuff.

    I brought up a workspace,
    typed in 'Smalltalk macroBenchmarks',
    broght up the menu,
    selected 'show bytecodes',
    no bytecodes was shown,
    selected 'debug it',
    rewarded with a 'Debug it' window (?) (what do you call this thingy in
Squeak ?).

    So, is it a bloat to add 'debug it' ?

    As a Squeak newbie, I really appreciate this 'debug it'. If anyone is
counting vote, please add mine.

    I am not sure if this 'debugIt' enhancement requires the 3
'BetterDebuger*' change sets, for my system, it seems the debugger 'Send'
button works better with them.

    BTW, I may sound greedy but it is wonderful if the code pane of 'Debug
it' supports 'show bytecodes'.

    Thanks for all the enhancements on the debugger.

    Cheers,

    PhiHo