[veriSign? No <Embed>]

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Fri Aug 24 19:11:02 UTC 2001

G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl wrote:

> Ok, use another browser then IE
>
> First I did try the release 12 of Opera
> - Squeakland menu still a mess
> - plugin does not work (Installer thinks that it is Netscape)
>
> Next: new Netscape 6.1
> - Looks nice (thanks Bill for sending me here)
> - Wow, Squeakland knows that I have no plugin, it skips the check-page and
> sends me directly to the download page
> - installing seems to be OK
> - back on page: no plugin detected
> - uninstall, reinstall, Nop
> - uninstall Opera: Now Netscape 6.1 is even not detected during plugin
> installation....
>
> Yes?

Or maybe not......

I'm hardly the person to explain the wonders of plugins and Microsoft
but, in those terror inducing moments when I delve into that OS, I note
that the plugins work fine on IE 5.1 and on Netscape 4.7. I think I've
read that Opera uses the Netscape plug in.  I'm pretty sure that you
have to restart Netscape in order to allow it to recognise the plug in
(maybe Opera too).

Cheers

John
--
Can't cope anymore? Desperate for help?
Join the 12 step program for those who yearn to give up Microsoft: