Mailing list administration question

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Sat Aug 25 06:14:31 UTC 2001

[ On Friday, August 24, 2001 at 17:04:43 (-0400), Jarvis, Robert P. (Contingent) wrote: ]
> Subject: RE: Mailing list administration question
>
> I like having the mailing list address in the reply-to.  I find that in
> general when a message comes to me via the list I want to reply to the list
> and not to the original sender.  Only very rarely do I want to reply only to
> the original sender.  YMMV.

I do too, but I like to have the ability to put it there myself, and
when I explicitly leave my own address in the reply-to header I
definitely do not want the mailing list software to override it.  *I*
know what's best and the only person who has any right to override my
reply-to is the person sending the reply!

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>