newbie journal

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Sun Aug 26 22:10:21 UTC 2001

Hi all,

I've been spending more time with squeak lately. I'm still a relative
newbie, and I run into issues that many of you may not see day to
day. I have the urge to share a few of my ponderings, reactions and
difficulties, as datapoints, a footsoldier's experiences with the
current system. A particular motivation is to help uncover any major
usability/reliability discouragements that a newcomer to squeak might
encounter.

If there are no major objections, I will post these here under some
suitable subject tag - [newbie], [smjournal], [usertesting], or some
such.

-Simon