[newbie] new look, scrollbars, mouse wheel, diff, searching

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Mon Aug 27 03:39:36 UTC 2001

Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> writes:
> Hey, I guess I never noticed that with Google... cool.  I added a
> comment to the Squeak FAQ on Mailing List Archives about this.
>
> Now you can search for diffsWithPrettyPrint on Google, which does
> bring up an email from the mailing list archives about it.  (I could
> have sworn it was discussed on the list more than once, though.)  So
> now you can try to figure out why your previous searches on that
> topic didn't yield any results. :-)

Thanks Doug. Yeah, that is the next interesting question :-)

In fact I had searched Preferences (yet another great feature) and
actually played around with that option, read the balloon text etc. I
thought it did something different: I had a vague expectation of
seeing color-pretty-printed code in the ChangeList like in my normal
browser windows. (Perhaps some rewording is indicated ? I won't
attempt it right now..)

So I'm playing with it again. Whether it's true or false, I do a
"browse changes" (or "browse code"! fantastic! :) and either way I
still see the spurious diffs.

So I'm guessing it's like this - this method (I'm talking about, eg,
ComplexProgressIndicator withProgressDo:) was last edited before
automatic-prettification-on-accept was implemented and so is not
pretty-printed in the current image. It got prettified when I saved my
edits, so these are real (though inconvenient) diffs.

-Simon