newbie journal

Lawson English english7 at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 27 05:22:29 UTC 2001

on 8/26/01 3:10 PM, Simon Michael at simon at joyful.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been spending more time with squeak lately. I'm still a relative
> newbie, and I run into issues that many of you may not see day to
> day. I have the urge to share a few of my ponderings, reactions and
> difficulties, as datapoints, a footsoldier's experiences with the
> current system. A particular motivation is to help uncover any major
> usability/reliability discouragements that a newcomer to squeak might
> encounter.
>
> If there are no major objections, I will post these here under some
> suitable subject tag - [newbie], [smjournal], [usertesting], or some
> such.
>
> -Simon

If you've never looked at them, check out the books on Quantum Mechanics and
Fourier Analysis published by the Transnational College of LEX.

The books are written by laymen in a rather unique format based on the
interactions of a bunch of laymen trying to teach each other the subject
matter.

A web-site designed along the lines of these books would be VERY good, I
think...

--
The real romance is out ahead and yet to
come. The computer revolution hasn't started yet. Don't be misled by