[newbie] new look, scrollbars, mouse wheel, diff, searching

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Mon Aug 27 17:44:46 UTC 2001

Simon Michael wrote:

> So I'm playing with it again. Whether it's true or false, I do a
> "browse changes" (or "browse code"! fantastic! :) and either way I
> still see the spurious diffs.
>
> So I'm guessing it's like this - this method (I'm talking about, eg,
> ComplexProgressIndicator withProgressDo:) was last edited before
> automatic-prettification-on-accept was implemented and so is not
> pretty-printed in the current image. It got prettified when I saved my
> edits, so these are real (though inconvenient) diffs.

Actually no, I think you're still seeing spurious diffs because diffsWithPrettyPrint seems to be broken in 3.1alpha.  (It works fine in 3.0.)

However, you can get the same effect by turning on the optionalButtons preference, then opening a changes/etc. browser and clicking on the convenient "prettyDiffs" checkbox.

My hunch is that when this checkbox was added it somehow broke the original preference.  I'll submit a bug report.

- Doug