Tests do not pass with SWT 0.6

Andres Valloud sqrmax at prodigy.net
Tue Aug 28 16:44:31 UTC 2001

Hi PhiHo.

Looking over the list I realized what's probably going on.  My guess is
that should:raise: in SUnit is not working properly because exceptions
are broken.  Therefore you get all the exceptions raised inside
should:raise: blocks which should (but don't) handle those exceptions.
In this context, those tests failing are most probably basic tests,
those that make sure that something like

	aCollection detect: [:x | x zork]

fails, or something like

	Interval from: 1 to: 5 by 0

fails, etc.  Something that is telling about this is that an exception
test failed in NiladicBlockContextTestCase.  So probably there's a
mismatch between the image and the VM.

I know exceptions had been changing, but SWT 0.6 is still using the
previous exception code.  Tell you what: I'll upload the VM I have been
using to release SWT 0.6 in the Swiki.  If that VM works but yours
doesn't, then it's most probably an exception problem.

It should be possible to come up with a newExceptionStuffModule that,
upon loading it, would make the SWT 0.6 image work with other VMs.  That
module would be heavily based on Squeak update number 3796.

Andres.