[newbie] hierarchical list answer, sps browser, earth icon, color pretty print

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Aug 29 04:37:33 UTC 2001

On Tuesday, August 28, 2001, at 08:58 PM, Simon Michael wrote:

> hierarchical list answer
> ------------------------
> I saw hierarchical lists become non-functional again, and this time I
> think I know why. I had just opened the Whisker browser project on BSS
> and it recompiled some of these classes. Whisker may need an update.

Yes, Whisker was being naughty and directly modifying a few
hierarchical-list-related (IndentingListItemMorph) methods in its
changeset.  I've removed those methods in the upcoming v0.93 Whisker
changeset, so that loading Whisker shouldn't interfere with the rest of
Squeak in the future.

I guess I should check out the Whisker project on BSS and maybe post an
updated version for the more recent 3.1alpha sometime.

There's always some level of risk in loading a bunch of projects of
various origins into an image (especially a moving-target alpha image).
I guess that's one point that the modularity discussions are trying to
address; isolating projects so that unloading them returns your image to
its previous state.

- Doug Way
   dway at riskmetrics.com