Essen ESUG experience report day 2

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at home.com
Thu Aug 30 03:38:16 UTC 2001

Hi John,

    Is the following a quote from Joseph ?

"So the ANSI standard defined how to do this for Smalltalk. Most vendors
don't support this yet. Perhaps they should take this source code and use
it. Originally I wrote this in Squeak but I moved everything to VisualAge in
an hour. For VisualWorks it was more work because we had a collision with a
class name, and a tool problem prevents doing a file-in into a namespace, so
I can show Squeak and VisualAge today, but only a little bit in VW."

    Did he give a pointer for "this source code", and is it the code for
Module Manger and Module Browser ?

    Cheers,

    PhiHo.