[FIX] JonMajorShrink

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at home.com
Thu Aug 30 15:00:50 UTC 2001

Hi Jon,

    Thanks for trying to solve my problem.

> Did you start with a clean 3.1a 4282 image?

    I downloaded
http://wuarchive.wustl.edu/languages/smalltalk/Smalltalk/Squeak/current/unst
able-testPilot/Squeak3.1a-4282.zip . So, if it's not virgin then it's SEP
(Someone Else Problem, I like this ;-)

> If it doesn't work for you, the thing that is causing the problem for you
> is setting the Flaps font, so you can try (for now) to comment out the
line
> near the bottom in SystemDictionary >> discardOddsAndEnds that says:

> Preferences setFlapsFontTo: (StrikeFont familyName: #NewYork size: 12).

    This almost works, if not for a syntax error at the very end. In the
'Syntax Error' window, I can see:

    "Dictionary as yet unclassified Squeak3" in the top pane and
    "Squeak3.1a-4282.image-Argument expected ->---#(24 August 2001 12:07:14
pm)" in the text pane.

    Incidentally, the name for the starting image is
"Squeak3.1a-4282MajorShrink.image".

    Cheers,

    PhiHo