Virus problem

raymondasselin at sympatico.ca raymondasselin at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 2 15:06:01 UTC 2001

"Andy Stoffel" <Andrew.Stoffel at jenzabar.net> wrote:
> raymondasselin at sympatico.ca wrote:
>
> > I Know may be this isn't the place for this but ....may
> > be somebody can give me advice.
>
> > My system is MacOS 10.1
>
> > All my mail messages which contains an attachment or
> > corrupted...in the sense that the body and the attachment
> > of these messages have been changed and replaced by the
> > body and the attachment of one message, always the same.
>
> Is somebody 'upstream' of you running some virus filter
> on an e-mail server ? Possibly misconfigured ? Though usually,
> the 'replacement' message/attachment says something to
> that effect... (Some of my e-mail goes through such a
> beast but it has yet to affect anything I've seen on this
> mailing list)
>
> -Andy-

The  'replacement' message/attachment is the following:
=============

Change Set:		CelesteAccented-mdr
Date:			7 November 2001
Author:			Mike Rutenberg

Makes Celeste properly display accented characters which are part of an
email message, especially text message body, HTML message body, text
header lines, and header lines encoded with mime.

Mike

[attachment]

this message is one present in my Email BD, so I think the virus, if this is one, pick at random a message in the Email BD to replace all messages with an attachment.

Any hints?