[BUG] Saving or publishing project takes forever

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Mon Dec 3 23:33:39 UTC 2001

> > Is there any way to "encourage" the forms that I load in to
> > "remember" their original encodiing and sources, thus speeding
> > up the publishing process?
>
> They should actually remember the compression and even keep
> he original file name. If you publish a project to a different
> server or a new name all images are stored in that new location too.
> Do you have a sequence where the compression gets dropped?

You should mention that we used to have a bug here so the problem might
result from some version that didn't preserve the encoding properly. Also,
there's still a problem if the "data source" isn't accessible (which may
happen if some untrusted Squeaklet is loaded and the original jpeg file
resides outside the sandbox). We'll be able to fix this problem nicely as
soon as the new JPEG plugin is widely distributed.

Cheers,
  - Andreas