Bootstrapping Squeak on WinCE

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Tue Dec 4 17:51:53 UTC 2001

Bruce,

First of all, I think that you should be able to save files via the
network, say, In Pocket IE.  I've not used Pocket IE for anything, so I
don't know for sure, but I imagine that would be a way to transfer stuff.

Two more options for you as a Mac user:

PocketMac- http://www.pocketmac.net Sync software for Mac OS <=9.2 and X
  new software.  haven't used it.  $50?

Get a CF card reader. While I do this under Windows (at work- I have an
iBook at home too), it should work fine under Mac OS.  Just copy the
Squeak files (VM, images, changes) to the CF card, like you would a disk.
As for non-Squeak apps, they're often distributed in a .cab file, which
you can also just copy to the CF disk.  Then, on the WinCE device, you tap
the CAB file in the File Explorer, and WinCE installs it.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
  "civilization is a limitless multiplication of
                unnecessary necessities."                :: mark twain