An Ideal System Browser

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Dec 5 04:32:40 UTC 2001

For what it's worth, I notice that the Mac UI deals with drag & drop by
making the dragged item either transparent or translucent, so that you
can see the item underneath that you might place it in.

Also, the accepting item is highlighted when passed over.  (I guess
Squeak already does this in some cases such as when dragging methods
into new categories.)

(I was also a bit surprised to notice that the Mac also uses the
location of the mouse to determine the drop point, not the middle of the morph.)

Anyway, this is not to say that there isn't a better way. :)

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com