[GOODIE] FREE!!1! A pair of brackets with every control-f/t

Helge Horch Helge.Horch at munich.netsurf.de
Fri Dec 7 01:20:06 UTC 2001

Folks,

while I'm your classic weekend Squeaker most of the year, I recently
discovered the magical "spare time" that I've heard so much about.  So here
I was, grinding code, when I thought "control-f and control-t might as well
insert the brackets that I want most of the time anyway."  Explanation:  On
my german keyboards, I find [] slightly difficult to reach for while
touch-typing, as they're on AltGr-8/9 for me, and I continually mistype and
break the flow of thought.

Here goes for fellow sufferers.  From the preamble:

Modify the effect of control-t and control-f to not only insert ifTrue: and
ifFalse:, but to also include a set of [] brackets in the expansion, and
then place the cursor within those brackets.

Enjoy,
Helge

P.S. Extra pain taken to randomly abuse split infinitives. :-)