the Jpeg plugin and all that.....

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Fri Dec 7 01:38:10 UTC 2001

Lex Spoon wrote:

> > > (There are also build issues on Unix, but that's not the critical
> > > part....)
> >
> > It is for me ;-)
> >

> Okay, very quickly, I did this, as I recall:
>
>         Make a directory "JPEGReaderWriter2Plugin" (check the name!) underneath
> the "src" directory.
>
>         Remove the "build" directory.  :)
>
>         Make the build directory again, and re-run configure.
>
>         Hack, I mean, edit the resulting makefile, and fine the line about
> JPEGReaderWriter2Plugin.la.  Make sure that libjpeg.a is added to the
> libtool command line.
>
>         Run "make" and "make install".
>
> That "hack makefile" part is irritating, but it should get you going.
> To do it well, you could add a "make.inc" file if you are using my
> patched mkgrafs script.

Thanks Lex

the 'phone company mysteriously decided to cut me off just after I'd
posted (and a day after I'd paid the bill!) and now they've equally
mysteriously put me back on, it's time for bed (after I've spent 8 hours
messing around trying to get what I've got working). I'll get it done
tomorrow ;-).

Cheers

John
--
Reputed to be the reason Windows 2000 was nearly a year late, (paid in
shares M$Ds needed the cash and kudos) Netproject's Eddie Bleasdale has

http://www.silicon.com/bin/bladerunner?30REQEVENT=&REQAUTH=21046&14001REQSUB=REQINT1=48211